Simple guide to cook/grill satays
How to thaw?
- Thaw the satays until soft before cooking. It takes about 3 to 4 hours for the satays to fully thaw, depending on room temperature.
- To thaw frozen satays in a hurry, use the microwave on High heat for 1 minute or use the defrost facility. Turn the satays over and heat for another 1 minute.
- Once thawed, the satays should be consumed within one hour.
How to grill?
- Cooking the satays by microwave is not recommended. Satays are best grilled over heat beads to retain its juciness and crispiness (browning)
- Cook thoroughly before consuming
- Set up a satay grill using charcoal or heat beads
- Grill the satays for about 10 minutes turning over every minute
- In a small bowl, combine equal amounts of water and cooking oil. Use a brush to sprinkle this mixture over the satays to keep the meat moist as it cooks.
- Use of gas BBQ. Satays can also be grilled over your gas bbq. Place a strip of aluminium foil on the bbq . Place the satays such that the meat portion is over the flame and the stick portion is over the foil. The stick portion will not be burnt (charred) whilst the meat portion is being cooked. Set to medium heat on your gas bbq.
How to serve cooked satays?
- Serve satays hot
- Use the peanut sauce as a dip
- Add condiments such as sliced red onions , cucumber and pineapple as garnish
- Rice cakes in cubes are also excellent complements to satays. Call Satay 4 U for a supply of rice cakes
- Add a teaspoon of sambal chilli to enhance the spiciness of the peanut sauce.
For all orders and enquiries, please contact us.